|Study location||United Kingdom, University of Bedfordshire|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 Years|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in any language
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The course equips you with a broad range of knowledge and skills.
Employers value our graduates because they have relevant practical
experience and a sound theoretical understanding of the most
up-to-date applied computing and information systems technologies.
You will be able to conceptualise, plan and design applications using
industy-standard software tools. Graduates may also go on to become
teachers, IT consultants, managers, systems developers and/or
programming supervisors within commerce and industries which make
substantial use of computer and information technology.
During this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of how information technology can be applied
to your own subject discipline
- Gain valuable experience by working with our Academic into
Business Computing (ABC) centre
- Open up your career opportunities by utilising the tools of
computing and information technology to lead to innovation within your
area of expertise
Areas of study you may cover in this course include:
- Data modelling and management
- Applied programming
- Computer security
- Professional project management
- Information security management
- Data governance and compliance
- Network systems
- Emerging technologies
CAREER MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Throughout the course we develop your ability to reflect on your
performance, and to develop teamwork, written and oral communication.
CAREER/FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On completing this course students are likely to progress into the
- IT opportunities within your own area of specialism (which may lay
outside of the IT domain)
- Managers or practitioners within commerce
- Database & IT Developers
- System Designer / Analyst
- MSc by Research