|Location||United Kingdom, University of Bedfordshire|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||18 Months|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Health professionals are increasingly aware of the need to provide
advanced practice within the context of healthcare agendas. Nurses
have to operate in increasingly complex organisations and be familiar
with advancing practice in all areas of healthcare. This course offers
an opportunity for experienced nurses to develop their knowledge and
prepare for taking lead roles in key developments. Home-based students
are required to apply their new knowledge to their work environment.
On completing this course, students could progress into advanced
practitioner roles, consultancy, managerial positions, health and
social care policy development, teaching and research and development.
During the course you will:
- Be able to focus on your discipline area
- Experience contributions from an experienced multidisciplinary
- Study a course that is innovative in its approach, with a strong
emphasis on theoretical learning
- Discover a unique combination of subject areas to enable advanced
- Learn from a team with extensive experience in supporting students
- Benefit from excellent transport links to London – only 30 minutes
from the University by train
Areas of study you may cover on this course include:
- Clinical reasoning in nursing assessment and diagnosis
- Nursing management of multiple health needs
- Evidence-based learning
- Supervising learning and development
- Assessing and evaluating performance
CAREER MANAGEMENT SKILLS
The course provides a student-centered process for integrating
personal, academic and career development. You are encouraged to
undertake self assessment to identify your strengths, interests and
development needs in relation to external criteria e.g. the
requirements of your occupation, employing organization or industry
sector. Through negotiation with your employer and personal tutor you
will be enabled to identify your passions and the areas that you feel
you have achieved maximum success and have the ability to excel
within. You will be actively encouraged to participate in the
development of your career management skills and will take the lead on
accessing the Centre for Personal and Careers development.
CAREER/FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On completing this course the students are likely to progress into
the following areas:
- Advanced practitioner roles
- Managerial positions
- Health and social care policy development
- Research and Development
Each student will be encouraged to retain a reflective journal in
relation to their own Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Access to the career guidance
Each student will complete a self audit in terms of their career
aspirations and opportunities available to them. This will be
revisited in a tutorial at the end of each module.