|Study location||Austria, Steyr and JKU Linz|
|Type||Master courses, part-time|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
International applicants have to provide legalized copies of the documents in German or English. Legalisation must be done by the Austrian diplomatic representation.
B2 level (according to the European Framework of Reference)
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Please also attach the following documents:
Note that an interview and an entrance test in Steyr are part of the admission procedure.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Please be aware that the visa process can take up to 3 months, therefore you should send your application as early as possible! For more details on the visa application please visit the following webpage: www.oead.at
The commercial world is increasingly being shaped by the use of digital media and technologies. These change the face of competition in digital business and lead to new, innovative business models. The term digital business describes the strategic extension of conventional business fields or their reorganization on the basis of changed market laws and market positioning. The first FH/UNI Master’s degree programme Digital Business Management (DBM) concerns itself with the characteristics of this dynamic competitive environment that is shaped by increasing digitization of the value chain and the enterprise processes, new entrepreneurship and global markets, interculturalism, increasing significance of strategic positioning and marketing, strong market dynamics as well as increasing transparency and interconnectedness of a globalized market.
The Master’s degree in Digital Business Management offers comprehensive management training of the highest possible quality. It unites scientific depth with a high degree of practical relevance and places emphasis on the following areas:
- Leadership and management competence
- Professional competence in digital business and marketing
• Strategic aspects of digital business
• Business models and project management
• E-business and e-commerce
• Digital business and supply chain information management
• Marketing in digital business
• Media competence
- Methodological competence and academic research
- Innovation and implementation competence
The Master’s degree in Digital Business Management has set itself the target of transferring executive, advisory, all-encompassing entrepreneurial or freelance activities within the field of digital media. DBM graduates are able to use digital media in a value adding way and to design optimal digital processes. Furthermore, they are capable of making, by means of suitable methods and tools, strategic decisions and coordinating and accomplishing their implementation in enterprises. After successful completion of the DBM programme graduates are able to take on project and executive functions in the following areas:
- Strategic management regarding digital business and marketing
- E-commerce and e-business
- Product management of the entire internet/ online agendas
- Information management, knowledge management, innovation management or web content management
- Multichannel marketing and online marketing
- Customer relationship management and supplier relationship management (CRM, SRM)
The degree programme also provides the best prerequisites for the establishment of an enterprise at any point in the digital value chain.