|Study location||Austria, Wels|
|Type||Bachelor courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||3 years|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / German.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
B2 level German (according to the European Framework of Reference); TestDaF (Niveaustufe 4), Goethe-Institut, DAAD (C1)
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Please also attach the following documents:
Note that an interview is part of the admission procedure.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Please be aware that the visa process can take up to 3 months, therefore you should send your application as early as possible! For more details on the visa application please visit the following webpage: www.oead.at
International applicants have to provide legalized copies of the documents in German or English. Legalization must be done by the Austrian diplomatic representation.
This course offers students the unique opportunity to study two growing areas of technology at the same time: biotechnology and environmetal technology.
Biotechnology and Environmental Technology is important in the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries (including, for example, identification of gene-modified foods). Environmental technology covers important areas such as cleaning of water, air and earth as well as prevention of pollution in all fields.
The programme has the following core areas of emphasis:
- interaction with ‘living systems’ and their behaviour in response to external influences
- conversion of biotechnological processes into technical processes
- realisation of ideas and projects in practice
- Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Process Engineering, Apparatus and Plant Construction
- Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology, Cell and Microbiology
- Languages, Business Economics, Project Management, Communication
- Environmental Technology
In numerous practice classes and projects theory gained from lectures is put into practice. In addition to a practice-orientated, first-class technical education, Wels School of Engineering places great value on skills such as inter-disciplinary thinking, communication skills and management and leadership qualities.
Examples of work in which graduates of this programme are immediately employable:
- the development and operation of components and plants in Bio-and Environmental Process Engineering
- planning and operation of biotechnological production in the pharmaceutical, farming and food industries
- planning and implementation of energy efficient and ecological energy systems
- the marketing and sale of environmentally friendly and/or biotechnological plant and systems
- activities in development, inspection and supervision organizations
An important part of the course is the compulsory internship/work placement. During the placement the student is looked after by both a university lecturer and a representative of the company.
We are currently NOT ACCEPTING applications from NON-EU countries, except Georgia and Serbia.